Sunday, May 16, 2010

Again With The Eggs


When I wrote the other day about how much better my hens eggs are in comparison to supermarket eggs, Rich sent me an article that was at Mother Earth News

Eggs that are from chickens kept in the same condition as mine have:

1⁄3 less cholesterol
1⁄4 less saturated fat
2⁄3 more vitamin A
2 times more omega-3 fatty acids
3 times more vitamin E
7 times more beta carotene
4 to 6 times as much vitamin D
as typical supermarket eggs.

OK, I promise this will be the last post on eggs for a while. Go eat some and re-order.

6 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

We should definitely start a grass roots movement away from factory grown foods of any sort. It would probably weed out some of the new ailments that have appeared in the last few decades. Unfortunately at this point there aren't enough small farms to feed all of us if we did that.

4:48 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

How am I going to enjoy eating my (supermarket) eggs after reading this post??

4:55 AM  
Blogger Tango's Going Ons said...

I love eggs and haven't had any out of the supermarket for two months. When I bought my first dozen from a nearby farm, besides the taste, I was surprised on how different they looked. :)
@darev...the movement has already started. I haven't bought any food out of the supermarket for over two months and yes, a lot of my health issues have gone away.

5:30 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

Had some of those delicious eggs with some chorizo yesterday. Thank you again for supplying us with good eggs!

6:45 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, you need to be reading Tango's blog. She's picked up where I left off.

Beth, seek out local eggs. There must be a farm stand or two by you. Ask around and you'll find them.

Tango, I love the new you...Not that the old you was bad...

Auntie, I love seeing the joy in your eyes on egg day. All you need to find is a local spirits distiller ; )

5:32 AM  
Blogger Tango's Going Ons said...

:)

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home