Friday, May 21, 2010

Giveitaway, Giveitaway,Giveitaway Now...


After doing something for three days in a row recently I realized I had a trend going and I’m trying to keep it up every day now. What I’m trying to do is give something away every day. Sometimes it’s easy and other days it’s difficult to find something that someone can use.

The big benefit is that after a year I will have 365 fewer things cluttering my life. A lot of it is little dopey things. They are usually trinkets that amuse for a moment and then sit in a drawer until given away again. Sometimes I give away some of my products. It can be anything. It’s a win-win and the people on the receiving end are usually appreciative. Try it. Give away something every day.

7 Comments:

Blogger Tango's Going Ons said...

Great idea! Two years ago I could have done that. Now I don't have 365 things to do that with.

4:48 AM  
Blogger Donna. W said...

My problem would be finding someone who wants my junk.

6:24 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

I give away alot of things. Books, cd's, magazines and catalogs. Gadgets and toys. I don't do it every day, tho. Some days i only see my wife and daughter and giving them stuff would be counter productive. Even at one thing a day I'm good for about another 100 years.


veri word: impoodic- I don't know what it means but I'm going to start using it at work.

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I give stuff away all the time.It's fun and makes me feel good. I deliberately grow to many plants so I can give them to friends. I love putting stuff on freecycle.

columbiacritter

9:11 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Tango, Goal achieved!

Donna, you'd be surprised by what you have to give and those that would appreciate it.

Darev, yes, you even gave me a book which I appreciate.

Critter, I love free cycle!

5:57 AM  
Blogger dalia said...

i leave a lot of goods (clothes, shoes, purses, housewares) downstairs in the laundry room for people to take. i've given away a lot of good stuff over the last little while... so much so that i was on the elevator once with two girls, and when one made a move to get off on the 9th floor (the laundry room is on 9) the other asked where she was going. "oh, i check here almost every day," the first replied. "someone leaves the most amazing stuff!"

6:01 AM  
Blogger Guy said...

Dalia, I can just picture the smile you wore when you heard that ; )

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home