Monday, September 27, 2010

To Go is to Return


I hope you enjoyed the skits I’ve posted over the last several days. I recall they were fun to write, though I don’t have it in me any longer to write any new ones. The climate around here then was just perfect for parody, but somehow I don’t find things quite so amusing any more. People are just too pissed off and seem to have lost all compassion, objectivity and empathy for issues, ideas and visions.

Every now and then I will get a flash about writing a skit about a local situation, but I let those flashes fade away because I no longer want to get involved in any local issues or politics. I have totally lost faith with the local radio and printed news media. I think they produce better fiction than my attempts at parody. KAST local news seems to have risen above the pack with honest and earnest depictions of what is happening. But I feel that station is in the midst of some sort of implosion.

When I first moved here I didn’t know much about local people or events. All I cared for was the land I lived on. I was pretty happy back then. I’d like to get back to that where all I care about is the land upon which I live. I’d like to block out what every else is saying and doing. I want to plant more trees to block my view of others that are new to my neighborhood. I’ve stopped reading local papers and I’ve stopped listening to local radio. I’m well on my way to restoring my personal joy of living here.

5 Comments:

Anonymous auntie said...

just dont forget to grace us with your presence at work. We definitely would miss you there!

5:54 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Oh god damn it. Blogger is having that trouble with the comments again.

7:46 AM  
Blogger mark said...

I wish I was able to encourage you to engage in civic affairs, to embrace social responsibility, etc., but recent events locally and nationally have turned me into an isolationist, too. Keep your head down, brother.

8:33 AM  
Blogger g said...

It's good, no make that great not giving a single shit about local issues or politics.

I'm much happier than I used to be.

7:02 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Auntie, yeah, yeah, yeah... ; )

Darev, yet you got through.

Mark, I do miss some of the being on the inside, however being inside does mean containment.

g, oddly I have the feeling that you will return to politics some day. You were young and were drawn to the flame and got burned. You will probably be drawn to it again when you retire.

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home