Tuesday, October 19, 2010

In Case You Are Interested


Here are some updates:

The truck is still acting up. It is fine when I start it cold, but if I turn the truck off when I stop at a store and then restart it the volt meter goes up to 10 volts and then goes down to the base of 8 volts. I put a multi meter on the battery and it shows it isn't discharging but rather maintaining 14 volts. Any ideas anyone?

I keep finding all sorts of spiders in my bathroom. It's the only room in the house that I consistently find them. I can clean and vacuum every inch of the room and the next day they will be back.

The apples I picked were all too bitter for human consumption so the bag now sits in the hay room. We feed a couple to the horses every day. They love them.

We finally had our first frost on Saturday, followed by a heavier one on Sunday and another on Monday. This was a poor year for corn. The ears had spotty development, very nonuniform in grain development. Did anyone have a problem with bland tasting tomatoes this year?

Several chicken are now molting so we are getting nine or fewer eggs every day. Production is just keeping up with sales.

Only 72 jars of honey left and I'm ready to get into production with the creams and lip balms.

OK, you're pretty much up to date.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Joni said...

We got some corn fresh from a farmer in Vancouver a few weeks ago...even though they all FELT complete, once the husks were off, there were immature kernels and entire rows and sections that never grew at all. Just terrible.

I don't know anyone locally that had a great crop of tomatoes :(

3:09 PM  
Blogger mark said...

I think we got a handful of pale orange cherry tomatoes, rock-hard, and pretty much tasteless. Fortunately our Portland tomato connection came through for us, though they were about two weeks later than normal.

7:29 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

I guess our summer was too dark and cold for good garden results. Even the stuff in our greenhouse didn't do all that well. Thanks for the confirmation.

5:37 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Just off the top of my head, I would say your alternator is probably going bad. But I'm no mechanic by any stretch of the imagination.
You might want to check where your water pipes for your sink come up through the floor. I'll bet that's where the spiders are coming from.
All the locally grown stuff has tasted like crap this year.
I'm hoping to be able to afford some of your lip balm this year.
It's been a bad year for the money crop as well.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home