Sunday, November 21, 2010

Click, Click, Varoom!


It's the truck again. I had a problem a while back where on a cold engine the starter would click, I'd turn the ignition off and try again. Usually within two tries the truck would start. My step son advised me that it was probably a loose ground wire, sure enough the cable on the negative battery pole was loose. He suggested I put some foil over the terminal to make the fit tighter. It worked like a charm.

It's happening again so I tried the foil trick and it didn't work this time so I'm sure it's loose on the other end, but this cable sinks out of sight into an abyss of wires, hoses and components under the hood. I've had a leak in the power steering unit and I'm sure it drenched the other end and corroded the cable.

I'm looking forward to getting that other truck next year.

4 Comments:

Anonymous auntie said...

Curses ! Foiled again!

I love your truck :(

I guess you will be driving the car to work now?

7:01 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Foiled again..... Sigh... she beat me to it. Pfui.

7:26 AM  
Anonymous auntie said...

HAHA, Revie dear, I half expected that you would have beat ME to it and was surprised you hadnt commented yet.

9:17 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

No car in sight.

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home