Sunday, November 07, 2010

The Silence of the Cat (An Update)


I attempted to trap the kitten in my Have-A Heart and that was the last I heard from the kitten. Any time I spent outdoors during the last two days I paused often to listen for it's meow. Previously it was so vocal that I could hear it from hundreds of feet away. Now there isn't a peep.

I couldn't get any closer than ten feet from it. It more than likely had a reason to distrust humans. Had it trusted me for a moment it would have lived a charmed life. Instead, it's weakened state from lack of food made it easy prey.

I wasn't looking for another cat, but I would have happily welcomed it into our home. Sadly, I'm sure there will be other opportunities of other dumped kittens out here in the country side.

3 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

Damn. **sigh** At least you tried. Despite your gruff facade, you're a good guy underneath.

7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with darev2005. You cared enough to try. Wish there were more compassionate people like you.

I know a person who has been trapping feral cats for decades with great success. She takes them to a vet for whatever treatment or surgery they may need and then to the Oregon Humane Society for adoption. I will ask her how she traps the next time I see her. She must have a trick or two up her sleeve after all these years.

Best wishes.

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for trying.

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home