Saturday, December 25, 2010

I Can't Count


I know that if I stack my hay properly I can haul 50 bales per trip. I can fit 40 bales in the horse trailer, 8 bales in the truck bed and two bales in the tack room of the horse trailer.

Somehow along the way I found I can stack the bales on their sides I can fit more bales in the horse trailer. Today I went to get a load of hay. Since I no longer store hay in my garage I can only store 35 bales in my hay room. I figured I know what a 35 bale load looks like and I had been counting, but when I got home I found that I loaded 38 bales. Fortunately I was able to stack one row higher in the hay room. I'll send off a check for the extra bales on Monday and I'll be able to squeeze another week out of my supply.

4 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

Ack.... it's too early in the morning for math problems. My head is just vibrating with the numbers.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Merry Christmas, Guy! <3

12:56 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, did that package ever arrive?

Joanne, Thanks Darlin. Sounds like you had a good time.

6:16 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Yes it did and thank you very much! Thought I sent an email, but my email is hassling me lately. That cup has a place of honor in my office. Right between my quaich from Scotland and the flying monkey critter sent me.

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home