Sunday, May 08, 2011

Douche


Maybe it's because I'm from New Jersey, but there are people out there where every time I see them I say, "Douche Bag!" to myself under my breath. After I do that I laugh to my self because the idea of calling someone a douche is still funny to me.

I have to wonder how the object became associated with people of certain behavioral traits. It's a perfect term. It isn't as abrasive as calling someone an asshole, but it is just as gratifying and seems to have the same implications.

I think there should be a National Douche Bag Day and it should be on the Tuesday following the first Monday in November.

4 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

That's one phrase that hasn't stuck with me for some reason. A friend of mine came up with a good phrase several years ago. Ramp Trash. It was so silly that it stuck in my brain and has been my epithet of choice ever since.

7:31 AM  
Blogger g said...

Total douche.

I still find it odd Manfred Mann sang about a douche.

9:25 AM  
Anonymous gearhead said...

Unfortunatly, everybody is a douche bag in someone's opinion including you and me.
I try to think the best of folks when I can; doesn't always work...

2:20 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, Sorry but that will never catch on with me. If Pit Woofies never stuck, Ramp Trash hasn't a chance.

g, I find it odd that Manfred Mann ever found fame. They were probably the most forgetable group from the 60s.

Gearhead, unless it comes to Fritz and a few others. It is then when our douchieness shines in ridicule.

5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home