Friday, April 20, 2012

Sequestered Like Veal

I finally had laser surgery on my eye.  I wrote months ago about being somewhat blind in my left eye because of a condition called Central Serous Retinopathy.  I had it once before in 2008 and it pretty much got better on it's own and then it came back last August and hasn't gotten better. 

The surgery was pretty simple. They infused me with a medication called Visudine and then they focused a cold laser in my eye for 60 seconds.  It is the ultra violet that interacts with the medication and seals off the problems in my retina. Hopefully my vision will be much better within two weeks.

In the mean time I have to stay out of the light for the next three days because any exposure to sunlight will cause a severe sun burn that will require a skin graft.  So just to go out side I have to wear a hat with a full brim with a hoody over that, sunglasses, gloves and sleeves.  No skin can be exposed even though it is cloudy and raining.  So I'm just staying inside until Sunday when all the medication should be out of my system.

8 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

Hmm.... I'm glad you got the surgery and I sure hope it works and all...

But I'm a little confused about the veal part.

8:38 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Veal calfs are raised in the dark...

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Pam said...

You are missing THE BEST EFFING DAY OF THE SPRING SO FAR! Hurry up, Sunday. xoxoxo Take care

1:59 PM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Raised in the dark. Really. Just for the quality of the meat or what?

8:34 AM  
Anonymous gearhead said...

We missed you at the shindig.
Although Casper the unfriendly ghost was as snobby as ever.
All three meetings in a row were a good idea but didn't get home until 10:30.
I think I would have rather had my eye operated on.

8:55 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Pam, you know I moved here for the gloom.

Darev, yep and to keep them anemic.

Gearhead, This is the first one I've missed in over a decade. I wouldn't have stayed for the Board meeting even if I had gone. I still need to get up there in the next few days to pick up my order.

11:23 AM  
Blogger weese said...

ok, see this is why i don't eat veal ;)

actually I have had two episodes of Central Serous Retinopathy. Both times cleared up. whew.
its truly a pita when you have that big cloudy blog in your vision. Hope the surgery clears it up for good. Keep us posted.

7:34 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Weese, will do. It's supposed to be stress related. One of my eye doctors told me that when he worked in DC, everyone with the condition worked at the Pentagon. Funny, because the only stress I have is when I run out of cookies ; )

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home