Thursday, February 07, 2013

Other Lives



I haven’t done a musical post for quite some time now.  I’m not listening to much these days, but whenever I tune into KANM on iTunes radio I usually come away with something cool to search out.

My new musical love is a group called Other Lives.  Their eleven song album titled Tamer Animals is an eclectic collection of sounds that are reminiscent of John Lennon, Philip Glass, ELO, Steeleye Span, Sufjan Stevens and Bear McCreary. Yes,  you get extra points for knowing who Bear McCreary if and can understand why the song in the video clip reminds me of his writing style.
It’s a good collection, seek them out.

Here’s a video clip of the group performing Weather. Other Lives Video


6 Comments:

Blogger g said...

I just started listening to Sufjan. Excellent music. I'll check out Other Lives.

12:34 PM  
Blogger g said...

Great call on Other Lives. I like them better than Sufjan.

12:44 PM  
Blogger Auntie said...

I like them! Give a listen to our homegrown Peninsula boys in The Holiday Friends http://holidayfriends.bandcamp.com/

1:10 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

g, Come Feel the Illinois is genius.

Auntie, Holiday Friends would fit very well at KANM. Thanks.

2:07 PM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Hmm... I'm torn. I do love their music. Very awesome. But the lead singer mumbles a little. Perhaps too close to the mic when he sings. But I can only understand a little of their lyrics. If he would back up and project more, I'd be a real fan.

8:58 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, so that means you don't like Van Morrison or Stevie Nicks either.

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home