Friday, December 26, 2008

A Year in Review: January and February



I figured this would be a good week to wrap up the year and give you some updates to things I’ve written over the last year.

In January we were still getting over the December storm. Though the blow-down was all carted off and sold, I am still cutting stumps and burning debris. The funny thing was that we decided to cut all the trees around the house because with most of the tree already blown down any wind could have brought the other trees down on the house. We did leave one tree figuring it was young and supple and would never blow down in our lifetime. Well we had a wind storm a couple weeks ago and you guessed it, the damn thing blew down and it would have taken out our laundry room had the tree been any larger.

In February I wrote about meeting Matt Stansberry, a blogger that I admire because he goes out fishing all the time. I report sadly that I never went fishing with him this year. Fuel prices were high during the summer, and I never made the trip to his place, plus he was busy getting married and starting a family and nursing a sick pet. Maybe in 2009.

Next, I never did any further exploration of crafting with tampons. I started writing opinion pieces for NCO, but soon got sick of my own opinions. I also wrote here about my change of opinion on the whole LNG issue and as I saw events and the politics of the anti LNG faction I can honestly say that I am more in favor of it now than I was a year ago. Remember, in January 2008 I was against it, in February I changed my mind with reservation and now I am totally for it.

March and April updates tomorrow.

5 Comments:

Blogger Auntie said...

You must explore that crafting thing again. Those tampon ghosts were freakin' hilarious!

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the LNG post was the one where you layed down RULE# 1 for moving out in the country:

If you move out in the country you must turn ALL of your lights on, inside and out and leave them on continously day and night.

Since you posted that I have seen may houses that follow that rule.
UNBELIEAVABLE!!!!!
And of course, they also drive Priuss' with ULTRA-ULTRA-ULTRA-ULTRA- tree-hugging bumper stickers.
Knuckle heads!

1:52 PM  
Blogger JustRex said...

I wonder if they know how damaging to the environment the inks and the plants that produce those bumper stickers really are....

If I lived as far out in the country as I'd like, you'd never even see a heat signature....

5:14 PM  
Blogger Me. Here. Right now. said...

I worry about other potential shortages. I've heard that some people run out of words. They should work harder to save the words. We need sustainable word farms.

10:39 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Auntie, so little time., but hey, you could do some and put them in your upcoming show.

Gearhead, That was a pet peeve long before LNG became an issue to me, however it was the lights being left on at the anti-LNGers houses that did trigger the switch for me. There is one I know that leaves her porch lights on all day as well. Now the Pious is a whole other short fuse topic for me...

Darev, I had a video on here a while back that showed how wasteful the production of the Pious is. No heat signature...you going to live under ground?

Lori, are you going Brautigan on me? Or are you making excuses for not posting?

6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home