Saturday, December 27, 2008

Year in Review: March and April


March 2008 found me disillusioned with the news industry. I’ve greatly curtailed my news watching. I’ve canceled my subscription the Daily Astorian. I find the best news reporting is on The Daily Show and on Keith Oberman’s Countdown and Rachael Madow. Yes I know they are left leaning sources, but at least they are humorous accounts of what is going on rather than the gloss the networks put on stories.The bed of my truck is a compost heap of hay and there is grass sprouting back there. It’s a mobile turf farm. I find myself thinking of Canada more and more every day.

April 2008: Though I wrote about monocles I have yet to need one. Came pretty close though. I had two bumble bee hives this year. One was eaten by raccoons and the other obviously didn’t like the location I provided and they left. The roll call of readers remained about the same. I’ve gained some and lost one after April 24th. Also my knees still hurt from the fall I had back then, but I have started taking MSM and it seems to be helping, somewhat. We kissed a bunch of frogs. I spent a lot of time returning horses we got on a trial basis, but we kept a Tennessee Walker Pinto from Seattle. I haven’t been in the media much this year, but my Google Alert keeps popping up with old articles and interviews that I’ve done in the past.

Tomorrow I’ll cover May and June.

5 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Still thinking of Canada, eh?

4:58 AM  
Blogger Me. Here. Right now. said...

Right, you go think of Canada and move there and I'll take your place in Astoria. Synchronize watches.

10:43 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Bumble bee hives? Bumble bee hives? I didn't even know anyone kept bumble bees. Hell, I didn't even know they were hive critters! I thought they lived in holes in the ground and were pretty much solitary. Man, I think I need t get out more. Bumble bee hives..... sheesh!

2:17 PM  
Blogger JustRex said...

I actually quit watching the news quite some time ago myself. Everything seemed to be slanted on way or biased the other and I wasn't getting any real news, just the networks spin. So I turned to the internet and now get most of my news data from Chuck Sheppards Weird Universe and from various blogs like yours. I don't get all of the breaking news that way, but I get the best tidbits. All I watch on teevee anymore is the History channel and Discovery.

3:59 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Beth, every day, and it's what I think of before I sleep every night.

Lori, You would love it up here.

Darev, Yep, they nested in someones shed and they wanted them removed, so rather than kill them they called me since I know a bit about insects.

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home