Sunday, December 28, 2008

Year in Review: May and June



May 2008: Though I’ve done my best to drain tanks and use stabilizers I fear that all of my motorized equipment is rotting because of ethanol in our gasoline supply. I wish I could convert all my equipment to propane. I spent a lot of time on the road last year. Though I probably will not turn down speaking engagements, I am hopeful there will be fewer this year.

June 2008: I still have yet to get my favorite duck sauce. I wrote about my strawberry princess who gave us some a flat of strawbs. This year we will be able to afford to buy them. Thank you for your kindness. I have been successful in avoiding having my photograph taken. I still wear suspenders and I grow more and more sick of politics.

14 Comments:

Blogger Donna. W said...

Yeah, I'm waiting for that photograph. I HATE not knowing what my favorite bloggers look like!

4:39 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

No photograph? I hope someone takes this as a challenge and attempts the near-impossible.

6:03 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

I could draw you all caricature....

6:04 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Donna and Beth, check your email.

Auntie, It's been months since you've seen me. I look a lot different now. Besides you'd probably turn me into a sock monkey.

6:14 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

OMG, you actually sent them one? And it's only been a month. And, I think you would make a very fetching sock monkey, darlin.

6:16 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Yes, they live far enough away where I won't hear them vomiting.

6:21 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

Send it to me too! I need something to base my new "monkey" upon.

6:32 AM  
Blogger g said...

politics stink.

12:04 PM  
Blogger JustRex said...

I have always imagined you looking like Mark Twain. But a little taller. I'm glad I don't show up on film, myself.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Auntie said...

Dang, Rev. You are spot-on correct. Twain, only taller.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Me. Here. Right now. said...

And cuter.

9:53 PM  
Blogger JustRex said...

I always liked that big moustache with the seegar poking out underneath.

3:52 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Will g ever get over it?

Darev, your imagination has gone wild. To see me look in my archives for the post on Feb 16, 2008. Six feet one inch bu the way.

Auntie, stop it.

Lori, Thanks Darlin. Time for that eye exam.

6:15 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Ok, I looked. I'm not buying it. Doesn't look a think like you.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home