Monday, October 12, 2009

Trouble


I’ve recently realized that I don’t have much of a concept of trouble. The condition of being troubled is an interesting one. Troubled is what we call those that are depressed. We also use the term for those with demons. One can get into trouble and be in trouble. One can even describe a person as “Being Trouble.”

It seems that no good comes from trouble. With trouble you will either end up in jail or in an institution. You will be estranged from family and loved ones. At the very least you will not sleep well with trouble on your mind.

Trouble never seems to be a simple thing. It is made up of compound actions and events in opaque onion skin like layers. Peeling back each layer often reveals deeper and deeper layers and influences. Sometimes the layers consist of long gone ancestors at the core and they may even be able to be peeled back to pre-historic times.

Trouble, it’s a bitch and I'm glad I don't have any right now.

12 Comments:

Blogger Donna. W said...

I haven't had lots of trouble in my life; I think my most troubling time was when we found out, with no warning, that Cliff had to have heart bypass surgery. We had absolutely no warning: That morning life was perfect. By noon, the doctor wouldn't even allow Cliff to drive himself to the hospital, and next day Cliff was on the operating table.

5:02 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

You’re a fortunate man, although you may be tempting fate with this post.
It also reminds me of my mother asking us, “Are you looking for trouble?” My response (unspoken or I’d get “into trouble”) was always, “Who looks for trouble??”

5:06 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

A somewhat troubling post.

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sometimes we go looking for trouble and sometimes it comes looking for us-but I think the majority of it is self generated. Nobody knows the trouble I've seen-been in trouble since I set my suitcase down.

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

According to my friend Dave if you want your life to be trouble free, stay away from things with tits or tires.

9:37 AM  
Blogger a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

hahahaha! tits or tires! love it.

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Ernest T. Bass said...

Trouble is my middle name

5:30 PM  
Blogger a mouthy irish woman? ridiculous! said...

wait. i've got tits?

6:27 PM  
Blogger g said...

Stevie Ray Vaughn and Lindsay Buckingham come to mind.

7:13 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Donna, Country living does ease the trouble, and a little shake-up once in a while makes one appreciate the good times more.

Beth, something tells me you've found some on occasion.

Anon, sometimes trouble can be found in a suit case.

Anon, good one. I recall Moose had one similar to that, but I don't recall it now.

Ernest, good one!

Heather, no comment (that should keep me out of trouble with you)

g, do you mean trouble staying alive and keeping it in his pants?

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe that was my dad telling me that Martinis were like womens breasts...one was not enough but three was too many.

Moose

2:27 PM  
Blogger g said...

stevie ray vaughn and double TROUBLE and Lindsay Buckingham song - TROUBLE

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home