Sunday, December 26, 2010

Yourshire Pudding


I've been so immersed in James Heriot lately that I figured it was time I cooked a proper British dinner. He writes so poetically about roast beef and Yorkshire pudding. There are times that I can really get into the Herriot spirit when I'm working with the horses or out among the chickens monitoring their behavior or confirmation.

It's been a rainy winter here much like I imagine the winters were on the Yorkshire Dales where Herriot practiced. How fitting to have a Herriot type dinner on a rainy night such as this.

6 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

We started a new tradition in our household. For xmas dinner we had t-bone steaks and macaroni & cheese. So much for my cholesterol... So what's a Yorkshire pudding taste like?

7:15 AM  
Anonymous Auntie said...

Perfection, in my opinion. Guy, you really know how to enjoy. :)

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, I havnt had Yorkshire pudding since my mother died..my grandmother made it, too. So good.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

My mom is British and I can't remember the last time she didn't make Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding for Christmas. In fact, she makes a double batch (she makes them 'individual' in those little pyre custard dishes)...it's everyone's favorite---like a cross between a crepe, an omelet and a creme brule

6:56 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, see Teri's comment below for what the taste is like.

Auntie, and then there was the sherry...

Anon, there are recipies everywhere, though I suggest a roast with a lot of marbling because that will get you more juice than the eye roast I made. After that all you need is 20 minutes, flour, salt, eggs milk and maybe water.

Teri, I'm going to make individual ones next time.

The problem is that you need to consume it all when it is made. It doesn't store well.

6:06 AM  
Blogger Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

No, it doesn't store well but you know, there is never leftovers at my mom's...

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home