Sunday, January 16, 2011

The King is Dead


For me, every time the Decemberists have a new release I listen with excitement and then finally remove my ear buds disillusioned. A few weeks later I give them another listen and as if by magic I like what I hear. I suppose this is the case with their new release, The King is Dead. I listened to it wondering where all the sound went. Is this Decemberists-Lite or am I just not getting it yet?

Their new collection will be formally released on January 18th but you can hear it in its entirety at NPR until then.

Listen Here

3 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

Hmmmm... I liked "The Calamity Song". I think it's just not as wild and raucous as their earlier stuff. Less angry and more introspective, I think.

8:13 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

I missed this post yesterday. I went to check and said "Why hasn't Guy posted yet?" I completely forgot that i had woken up ridiculously early (6 am) and my head was still pretty fuzzy. It threw off my whole day.

8:17 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, I should write a review in a couple of weeks.

4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home