Monday, January 17, 2011

Rain, Rain Go Away...



I'm sorry to disappoint all of you that come here early to read a post. Frankly this rain is getting to me. I know I moved here for the gloom, but lately it's been too god damn gloomy. I just don't feel like writing when it's this bad around here.

The horses haven't been out for over a week. I let the chickens out and they take cover under the porch. I'm pretty sure all my bees are dead and it's been too wet and windy to check on them. The roofs in my hay room and my shop and garage are leaking. There is a leak in the house as well. I'm seriously considering a move to Eastern Oregon or Washington. Seriously.

I have a neighbor who has been keeping weather records for the last three years and he tells me that rain and winds have been increasing every year. I'm not sure I'd like to continue living here if this trend continues.

The only good thing to come out of all this weather, I heard the frogs chirping in the swamp when I went out to feed the horses this morning.

6 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

Even with the gloom and the leak, i would happily trade you places. Provided of course you take any surviving bees with you.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Donna. W said...

I'm in the same mood, simply because I'm sick of winter.

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this weather is REALLY getting to me too. feelings of hopelessness and its all I can do to even do much more than drag my ass outta bed in the morning.

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out this link about the super storm they are predicting
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110117/us_yblog_thelookout/scientists-warn-california-could-be-struck-by-winter-superstorm

7:17 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

If I thought everybody else would go with it, I'd offer to trade houses with you! ;-P

7:36 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

If this trend continues year after year I'll be out of here.

Amy, Texas is not an option for me. That would be worse.

5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home