Monday, May 09, 2011

Cleaning Out


I spent the better part of Sunday cleaning out a room that housed many things I no longer need. I found my first tax return from 1971. I found hundreds of cassette tapes. I found old photos that I had long forgotten about. There were photos all through out my life. Photos back when I had a full head of dark hair.

I gathered two boxes of books to donate and another box of other items I haven't used in years. I can't see myself ever using tennis rackets again.

There is a certain joy in purging things from the past. Between the things I sorted to trash, burn or donate, I have a good feeling of accomplishment. It adds more value to the items I decided to keep.

Now it it time to reflect on things and then I'll move to another room; probably my shop and clean that out.

3 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

Oh laws yes it's that time of year again. We are determined to clean out all of our outside storage areas this year. Get rid of the mountains of accumulated kid crap and back to the basics, like having a place to put the lawn mower again. That would be nice.

5:46 AM  
Anonymous Uncle Walt said...

You need to keep at least one tennis racket on hand, even if you don't play tennis. You'll need it when the giant mosquitos, locusts, or whatever flying insect finally escape from the secret gov't genetic research lab.

3:06 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, Sometimes it better to have nothing.

Walt, for me it would be a rooster swatter.

5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home