Monday, July 31, 2006

Pacific Northwest Fashion



A few years ago, back when Seattle was the best place to find new music and fashion, my sister-in-law came to Astoria for a visit. She is a costume designer in Hollywood, and she has a keen eye for trends, or at least she has as keen an eye for someone working down there.

We always like to show visitors the local color, so we dragged her to some sort of local function. No one here gets overly dressed unless there is an opera at the Liberty and even that doesn't assure proper attire. Everyone here dresses in their everyday clothes, all day, everyday.

After spending only a few minutes with us and the crowd, my sister-in-law leans into me and said as though our town was really hip and trendy, "“Wow, the people in this town really embraced “Grunge Fashion” don'’t they?"

I smiled and said, "“Yes, and they have since 1850."

This reminds me of the time the US Bank in Cannon Beach was robbed about fifteen years ago. The suspece scribedcribbed as a man with a beard and a flannel shirt. This meant that 1/2 of the county population was suspect.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

I thought it was just me having trouble seeing this blog.

I'll happily change the blog for our aging eyes.

And by the way, Richare Lee is still a dick! Who covered up the investigation?
That should have been public before the election.

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The voters still would have chosen the lesser of the two evils.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home