Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Communication Breakdown

I want to talk about communication. Humans spend on average 70% of their waking hours communicating. You would think that men and women would be better at communicating if we spend 70% of our awake-time communicating.

Now here is the problem; women on average speak 24,000 words per day and on average men speak only 12,000 words per day.

What the hell are the women yammering on about? Next, what is it that men aren’t aren't yammering about?

When I first heard of these numbers I became very suspicious of quiet women. I became even more suspicious of talkative men. There is something unsettling about a talkative man. I expect women to be verbose, but men who talk non-stop wear me out. SHUT UP ALREADY! BE A MAN AND STOP TALKING FOR CHRIST SAKES!

Maybe the problem between men and women is that there is too much communication. Maybe if we all shut up a little more there would be less misunderstandings between men and women.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

At a boy Gearhead, now GET BACK TO WORK!

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmmmmm

8:36 AM  
Blogger Undercover Mother said...

Men only have time to speak half as many words because they're farting and burping the rest of the time.

6:59 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Sounds like you've been held under the covers once too often. I can't blame you for being bitter. I would be, too.

The funny thing is that I was in the middle of a burp myself half way through reading your reply, and I finished reading while burping a laugh. Disgusting, I know. I hope no one else comes back to this story to read my sick admission.

In the words of the great Drunk Driver, Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home