Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Blog Fun



Other than reader comments, one of the fun things about having a blog is having a visit counter that gives stats and data. The counter that I employ tells me where people are visiting from, how often they enter the blog, but the funniest thing is it shows the key word Google search that brings some folks to this Blog.

Here’s some interesting stuff: There are a lot of folks searching Google for my heart-throb weather reporter, Julia Radlick from KATU. I did an article on her a while ago, (she is so cute). Anyway, lots of folks looking for Julia information end up here.

There are a lot of people searching the Sunday Market. It’s all good, except for all the dogs.

Lots of folks from Salt Lake land here because of my Polygamy article. Imagine that.

Oddly there are a lot of people searching the name Chester Trabuco. This tells me that either he has a stalker or he is spending way too much time Googling his own name.

I’m also surprised by the return visitors that seem to check in every day from Seattle, Portland, Allentown PA, Gig Harbor, and let me not forget all the wonderful visitors from the Great White North, G-Day up there, eh?

Hey, if it is Fredrik who is checking in from Belgium, please email me. The address can be found in my profile.

This Blog also get a lot of traffic from the other local Blogs that have found this site noteworthy enough to provide a link to it. Thanks bloggers, I’ll buy you a beer if we ever meet. I’ve lived in this area for nearly 20 years now and I am constantly surprised by how many people I still have not met. How about a Bloggers Summit…yeah right…too easy to round up the dissidents.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am surprised at some of my google hits also. Many are for immigration and many are for BATFE and AK's. I get a hit on my name about twice a week, not sure if this is good or bad.....

Re. Blogger summit

Wendy and I have discussed getting the local internet users together. Haven't set a date though. Email me if you are interested.

4:47 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Wow, imaging all those pissed off bloggers in one room... Reminds me of a short story by Juhn Sayles, The Anarchist Convention.

9:46 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Oops, that's "John" Sayles.

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just an fyi....Beaverton Farmers Market banned dogs....signs abound....dogs don't. A very civilized atmosphere and better visitor experience.

7:18 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Mike, it is good to see that they are thinking up there. I only hope the wisdom eventually flows to our market.

Cynthia, I'd have to dress in Kevlar since the groups I offend most often are the ones most likely to carry guns, Lars Larson fans, conservative Christians, large dog owners and a guy named Dick.

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lars & I both pack a pistol, even to church.
My dog likes me, but lots of people call me Dick?!!
MY NAME IS NOT RICHARD!!!!!

8:22 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Ahh, you see... a quaddruple threat. Maybe I can wear a kevlar bag over my head.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Undercover Mother said...

I have a counter and am on blogger but don't know how to get one that tracks where visits originate. Can you help?

12:50 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Click on my counter and it will take you to the counters website. Once you have it set up you can go back to the site and log in, click on the bar graf and then choices will come up on the left where you can see what site they came from where they are, their IP address, what search words they used... It's the best counter I've found so far. Plus you can start counting at what ever number you want so if you hav already had 5000 visits, you can start your counter at that number.

6:23 AM  
Blogger Undercover Mother said...

I got it! It rules! Thanks!

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home