Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Cleaning My Desk


This is a photo of my desk. Yes, it was time to clean it out. I found all sorts of historical articles inside. I found business cards of people that retired ten years ago. I found instructions for Web Meeting Reflectors. I found photos of people I haven’t see in several years and I’ve since forgotten many of their names. I found some CDs I haven’t listened to in ages. I found floppy disks, remember them? I found hundreds of writing instruments. I found notes to myself that I have no recollection of what they mean or why I wrote them. There are account names and passwords.

I found some artifacts of things people sent me because of articles I’ve written here. There is the Josh Marquis for Pope poster. There is a photo of a dog taking a crap at the Sunday Market. Is a photo of Jacob’s Sheep. There is a photo of the art of one local artist I can’t stand along with his fucking piece of crap red building that he was desperately trying to get rid of before the roof blew off and suddenly it became a shrine. Mercenary Asshole!

Anyway, most of this stuff is destined for the burn barrel or the land fill and it’s time to start a new collection. Moving on…

7 Comments:

Blogger Tango's Going Ons said...

LOL....floppy disks??? How long has it been since you cleaned out your desk? It must be HUGE!

5:15 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

If only we could de-clutter our minds in such a way. ;)

5:22 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

glad you are 'lightening your load' even though it sounds like some of it was a load of crap

6:43 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

And here I was thinking "How did he get a picture of my desk?" Actually I cleaned my desk off last week when my computer crashed. I had to sit here for an hour while it restored itself and needed something to do so I set to shoveling. I only needed one trash can. That was sort of amazing.

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the adage goes...a clean desk is a sign of a sick mind. Holy Molley...you said fuck. I thought we were not allowed to say that here and it's really been limiting my vocabulary. And to think of all the efforts made to circumvent (noun - An opening in the front of boxer shorts worn by Jewish men) its use.

Moose

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got rid of our giant roll top desk and it took me almost 3 nights to clean it out. There's still two cardboard boxes of stuff my husband will NOT part with. One is nothing but office supplies, pens, pencils, erasers, many types of rulers, etc.

The replacement desk is smaller with no drawers to stash stuff in.

columbiacritter

9:16 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Tango, it's funnier when you realize that up until recently I had a computer that could read those floppys.

Beth, that is why I blog.

Darev, so you must have put a lot of that crap back in your desk.

Moose, I love that definition.

Critter, so the extra stuff will need to reside "on" the desk.

5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home