Saturday, December 12, 2009

Doctor Who?


First of all, I am not one of those people that think TV is evil. I love TV and I always have. Back when I had a satellite dish I had the full deal with hundreds of channels. Then we went through some financial hard times and I got rid of the dish and got very basic cable, which is nearly as pitiful as broadcast TV. When the financial crisis was averted I upgraded to a few more channels.

It’s been a year now and I decided to get back more that I missed so I now get four of my old favorite channels again. RFD-TV is hokey, but fun. Sundance and the Independent Film Channel is a must, but the best of all of them is BBC America.

With that said I just want to alert everyone that the new season of Doctor Who, The Waters of Mars will begin on December 19th. Things are getting weird. If you missed the Dr. Who special as I did in April, you can get “Planet of the Dead” on Net Flix. Very cool.

11 Comments:

Blogger Donna. W said...

I just wish Dish would make a way to get only the channels you want instead of having to buy a package. I know it'll never happen, of course.

You're getting a lot of spam lately, aren't you?

4:22 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Donna, Cable too. I did like Dish better than cable, but cable is where I have my internet service, so it's better as a package.
I have moderation turned on for posts over 15 days old and that catches most of the spam, but the one I just deleted in a new one that I've seen three or four times now.

5:38 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

I love british teevee! Monty Python, Red Dwarf, Fawlty Towers, Benny Hill! Doctor Who is awesome.

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are the last hold outs on our road who don't have cable or a dish. the local comcast guy stopped by half a dozen times to try and talk us into his service. He seems to think it's his mission to convert us. He's funny, not horribly pushy so I don't mind.

Really we don't bother cuz our TV is dinky and it seems ridiculous to get 100's of channels to watch on a small screen. Until we win the lottery or our current TV dies we'll be watching just broadcast tv.

We also don't have any form of video game so between no cable and no games we rarely get visitors who are under 30 yrs old.

columbia critter

8:29 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Th only reason I'm all sulky about TV is because it seems my 5 televisions only get the Disney Channel. One can only watch so much Hannah Montana.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Tango's Going Ons said...

I didn't know that they still come out with fresh Dr. Who episodes.
Love Farty Towers :)

3:33 PM  
Blogger JustRex said...

My sister the luddite.

7:09 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darve, They wrote the book on entertainment, except most people would rather watch it than read it.

Critter, you have enough animals to entertain you.

Amy, and you haven't killed yourself? You are a strong woman.

Tango, they have and they are now up to their 10th doctor. I do miss Tom Baker.

Darev, you wouldn't think so by the way she uses the internet...

7:21 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I haven't killed myself, but many times, you can find me in a corner of my room rocking myself and crying. ;-P

10:49 AM  
Blogger Patrick McGee said...

I find RFD-TV very entertaining and informative

6:17 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Amy, Noise canceling headphones might help.

Patrick, I really like the Prairie Farm Report where they feature all these cool machines that the farmers invent. Someday I'll have to write about my conversations with the owner of RFD-TV. He's a talkative fellow.

5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home