Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Deal


So I get this email from g with a link to this web site. He knew that I was wanted a web cam. I used to be really involved in web-cam communications with reflector sites from White Pine and teleconferencing through net meeting. It was a lot of fun, though I admit my mug doesn’t go over very well on web cam.

So I open the site and there is a web cam for something ridiculous like six dollars. I couldn’t pass it up. Though I’ve only used it once so far in a short chat with g. I guess I’d use it more if I were alone, but most of the time I am not. I just feel like a dork being witnessed talking out loud to my computer.

Anyway, if any of you have been to Woot, this site is similar however the items are less costly smaller ticket items. Like Woot they have one deal per day, and ever couple of weeks they will feature something I could actually use. Check them out at https://www.dailysteals.com/. You can also see what deals they have had in the past so you can know what to expect.

Thanks again for the tip g. Are any of you readers out there Skypers?

9 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

Hmmmmmm..... no, sorry. I'm not really much of a chat type person, especially in front of a camera. Makes me self conscious and i feel like a boob. The wife skypes with her friends all over the place, tho. Especially with her friend in scotland. That is real good, because international calls are still a bit spendy. But they natter happily by the hour. Go figure.

5:46 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Have been asked to Skype many times – modesty prevents me from doing so.
That and knowing I look like a “dork” on camera. ;)

6:10 AM  
Blogger richpix said...

I have Skype but don't use it too often. Note for the camera shy--you don't have to use the video portion if you don't want to. I invested in a cordless phone for Skype. It has a dongle (who thought of that word?) that plugs into a USB port. I like to walk around when I'm on the phone, so having a wireless option is nice.

3:26 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, I bet you'd talk to me if I called. Maybe not Critter, but me, yes.

Beth I have yet to see an uncomplimentary photo of you looking like a dork.

Rich, I would use it more often if I had something to say.

6:26 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Probably right. You're pretty irresistible for an old codger. (wink wink grin) The hard part around here is getting a word in edgewise, tho.

8:16 AM  
Blogger g said...

I finally got around to downloading Skype. After our brief try with gTalk, I still can't get my cam to work. It works fine in Skype though. look me up and lets try it out - search skype for "taggbro"

2:41 PM  
Anonymous dalia said...

i skype! ever since i moved to montreal!

9:59 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, I'd call, but they've put me in a corner with a flashlight.

g, will do if I ever get the place to myself.

Dalia, I knew you'd be hip to that. If only if we could have hand held internet devices with web cams...

5:24 AM  
Anonymous cb said...

I skype and I love it. About every other sunday my sis #4 and I turn on the skype and then clean our houses together. Its more fun to clean when you are gabbing, we both are using our laps' or nets' which we can take room to room to room. Or we just leave them in one room and make comments through out the day. We've even run to the store and then come back w/o turning it off. More because at our house someones always around to gab. Sis lives in Bellevue, the other night I was reading a bedtime story to grandson and my 10 yr old nephew wanted to listen to so we took the skype into the bed with us and he listened and made comments throughout with the grandson.

We had four skypes going at Thanksgiving to hit share the holiday with family all over. Going to attempt the same sort of thing at Christmas.

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home